Friday, August 13, 2010

SLUT


We all begrudgingly know that there is a massive double standard when it comes to sex and women.  But we are also a generation that grew up watching Sex and the City (which I started watching when I was 16).  So given that we know we can have a good time (supply and demand is in our favor) but also that we will be harshly judged for doing so ... how much of a good thing is too much?

If you are like me, you have a sexual appetite, confidence and a bevy of horny men just outside your door step.

What is a girl to do?

So I get that too many sexual partners can lead to bad things like incurable sexually transmitted diseases and a frequent buyer card for Plan B.  And perhaps an unhealthy attitude about men's purpose on planet earth (you mean they exist for some other reason than to have sex with us?).

How do you know when you've crossed the line from in control to out of control?  Is it by number of partners?  Is it by frequency?  Is it the length of time that you've been single?

Maybe if you're blogging that you think you might be a slut is the sign that you are in fact a slut!

Yesterday I heard myself saying "I'm only going to sleep with one person in August" ... so that may be a sign that I'm a slut.

But the weird things is I go in waves.  I had been sexless for 13 months up until June.  And then like a starving man at a buffet, I've gone a little overboard.

And I'm not religious but surely there are punishments from hooking yourself up to an IV of sexual pleasures.  I guess we will have to wait and see what those punishments are.

No comments:

Post a Comment